Painted Lazy Susan

Painted Lazy Susan

Tuesday 18 May 2010

Altered art votive candle holders


An altered art project just right for Christmas, summer barbeques, or any time you use candles.

Having gone to town big time with using paper napkins/serviettes on my bag decorating projects, I have a few spares (like several hundred!).

So I've taken some of the more interesting ones to turn plain glass votive candle holders and dishes into something more eye-catching.

As with other altered art napkin work, you take just the top layer of the napkin (there are usually three) and stick it to the back of the dish and the inside of the votive holder using something like Modge Podge. You need you glue to dry clear. Then paint over the back of the napkins with an appropriate light colour. I used whites, creams, pinks and blues, depending on the colour of the napkin. You'll need quite a few coats. Finally, seal with something non-flammable!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the things are lovely Kathy, and I especially like these! Jill x

kathylawrence said...

Thank you Jill. You probably remember me buying all those holders!